Godfrey Okoye University admission decisions are based on academic merit. Admissions are open to all irrespective of nationality, ethnicity, sex, physical challenges into its postgraduate programme. The general admission requirements for postgraduate programmes, subject to fulfilling other specified departmental requirements, are as follows:
- Candidates must have the basic ordinary level University entry requirement of at least 5 credit passes in WASC, SSCE/GCE, NECO or their equivalent, which must include a credit pass in English and Mathematics.
- Candidates for a Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) programme must possess a minimum of a first degree or HND (merit pass)
iii. Candidates for a Master’s degree programme must possess a minimum of a second class (lower division) degree from recognized universities with at least a CGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale.
- Requisite academic transcripts must accompany applications for postgraduate programmes, which shall be forwarded directly by the issuing university to the Postgraduate School.
- Successful completion of the postgraduate entry examination (PES).
TUITION – Tuition and fees are due on or before the first day of each academic session. There are two semesters in each session. Extra fees might apply for the choice of payment per semester, quarterly or monthly.
Application fee – N12,000. Masters – N300,000 full academic session
PGD – N120,000 full academic session tuition can be paid per semester.
For enquiries call: 09134273215 | 09121963049 | 09121767243
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) programme for 2021/2022 session. The programme leads to the award of JUPEB certificate which enables candidates gain Direct Entry Admissions into Godfrey University Enugu and other JUPEB-affiliated Universities in Nigeria and Abroad.
- Applicants into 2021/2022 preliminary programme are advised to checking our website for the actual date of the oral interview and for other relevant information.
- All candidates are required to register for 2021 UTME during the programme.
- All Candidates are required to use valid e-mail addresses and PERSONAL Telephone Numbers
- The forms must be filled and submitted online either immediately or within two weeks of accessing the website. No downloaded or printed copies of forms will be accepted.
- Applicants are to note that 2021/2022 preliminary interview shall hold at the Godfrey Okoye University Enugu.
- Candidates are advised to follow the Application Instructions very carefully and ensure they select the Correct SUBJECT COMBINATIONS. Failure to do so may adversely affect the Candidate
Eligible candidates must possess a minimum of 5 Credits, at maximum of two sittings, in at least 5 subjects including English Language and other subjects Relevant to the candidate’s desired course of study in the University
The duration of the programme is a minimum of one academic session of two semesters.
Available Subject Combination
|Arts||History/Literature/Christian Religious Studies (HLCRS)|
|Economics/History/Literature in English (EHL)|
|Social Sciences||Government/Economics/Mathematics (GEM)|
|Government/ Economics /Government (GEG)|
|Literature/ Economics /Government (LEG)|
|Biology/Economics/ Government (BEG)|
|Government/Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies (GLCRS)|
|Management Sciences||Business Studies /Accounting/Mathematics (BAM)|
|Mathematics/Economics/Business Studies (MEB)|
|Sciences||Agricultural Science/Biology/Chemistry (ABC)|
Candidates are to note that the above listed subject combinations meet the requirements (as applicable) for admission into Degree Programmes in the Natural and Applied Sciences, Management and Social Sciences, and Arts courses in all JUPEB-affiliated Universities in Nigeria including Godfrey Okoye University Enugu.
JUPEB Application Procedure
Prospective student should follow the following guideline in order to successfully complete and submit the admission form.
- Pay the application fee of N 10,000.00 through our online payment platform on the University Portal or visit any bank branch of Fidelity, Zenith, Skpe, GTB, First Bank, UBA and Umuchinemere MFB (Only in Enugu). A receipt which contains a receipt number and confirmation Order Number will be given to you at the bank. (Please note that Bank charges apply and must be paid)
- Visit the GOU Portal via gouni.edu.ng or the university Admission Office.
- All your bio-data fields are compulsory.
- Color passport photograph with white background.
- The passport photograph must be recent (not earlier than 3 months before the time of the application) and the size should not be more than 100KB
- Select jamb subject as well as its score
- Select Olevel subject as well as its score
- Maximum of two sittings are allowed where necessary.
- Complete the form and click on submit.
For More Call: 09134273215 | 09121963049 | 09121767243Request for Application form
Sandwich Programme of Godfrey Okoye University
Godfrey Okoye University is one of the Private Universities in Nigeria that the National Universities Commission approved to run Sandwich / Part-time Programme. The need for this programme cannot be overemphasised in the Nigerian society today especially in Enugu State. This is because, a lot of individuals who have no opportunity for regular academic programmes but are willing to obtain an academic degree need to be considered in the Education sector. This is the rationale for this programme. It is worthy to note that an educated nation is always a healthy and wealthy nation. Therefore, everybody needs to be given the opportunity to study and obtain academic degrees for the formation of the heart and the transformation of the society.
National Universities Commission Approved Programmes
The National Universities Commission (NUC) approved the following programmes for Godfrey Okoye University:
- B.Sc. Ed. Biology Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Chemistry Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Computer Science Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Mathematics Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Physics Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Economics Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Political Science Education
- B.A. Ed. Social Studies Education
- B.A. Ed. English & Literary Studies Education
- B.Ed. Business Education
Programme Schedule and Duration
This is a Ten-Meeting programme. The Meetings are in April, August, and October of every year. Therefore, admissions are at any of these Meeting months. Two Meetings make up one academic year. However, the entry qualification of a candidate determines the Meeting that he or she needs to start from. Candidates who are O’Level holders start at Meeting One. Those who have OND, or Adv. NABTEB start at Meeting Three. Then, NCE holders start at Meeting Five. Finally, HND or B.Sc. holders who have not acquired diploma in Education, start at Meeting Seven. Meeting Nine is Teaching Practice, while Meeting Ten is Project Defense, then graduation.
The fees for this sandwich/parttime programme are very much affordable. Each of the programmes have the same fee structure. The only difference is the entry point. Therefore, the total fees for the candidates that entered at Meeting One is Two hundred and eighty-seven thousand, seven hundred and fifty Naira (N287,750). The candidates that entered at Meeting Three shall pay Two hundred and forty-one thousand, seven hundred and fifty Naira (N241,750). Those that joined at Meeting Five shall pay the total fees of One hundred and ninety-five thousand, seven hundred and fifty Naira (N195,750). Finally, the candidates that joined at Meeting Seven shall pay One hundred and forty-nine thousand, seven hundred and fifty Naira (N149,750). There may also be relevant fees for the development of the Institution, which students may be required to pay from time to time. For example, Bazaar Levy which is paid once a year. The amount is One thousand Naira (N1,000). This levy fee needs to be paid during the October Meeting of every year.
For more enquiries, please, contact:
Rev. Br. Assoc. Prof. Osuji, Gregory Ekene, fms