Dear prospective student,
We are pleased that you are considering becoming a student at the Godfrey Okoye University (GO University), Enugu State. GO University is inspired by the Founder’s philosophy that understands education as a dialogical process of acquisition and dissemination of knowledge. Our goal is to produce scholars who will be outstanding in learning, balanced in character and personality and ready to pursue epistemic unity in all its ramifications.
At GO University, students can achieve a first class and holistic education, a type of education which promotes both academic and moral excellence; education designed to raise the next generation of leaders who understand the importance of religious, cultural and epistemological dialogue in protecting and directing the Nigerian project, Africa and entire humanity.
GO University is committed to the science and art of education and translation of skills and competencies acquired to promote human welfare. The university attracts students from all the states of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, neighboring African countries and other parts of the world.
This guide provides you with important information about GO University. We look forward to having you join the School of Postgraduate Studies of GO University.
Mission Statement: Godfrey Okoye University dedicates itself to imparting quality education aimed at inculcating in the students strong personalities that will ensure the promotion of religious, cultural and epistemological dialogue.
Foundation: GO University was established in 2009 while the School of Postgraduate Studies was established in 2017 through approval by the accrediting body of Nigerian universities, the National Universities Commission (NUC).
Some Special Features of GO University
- The University is committed to unity of knowledge. Its fundamental question is: where is the evidence?
- The University graduates its students on schedule.
- There is a wireless Internet access on campus.
- The university has student exchange programmes and research collaborations with partner universities in Austria, Germany, United Kingdom, United States of America and Nigeria.
Special Features of the School of Postgraduate Studies
- Practical application of theories and principles in the laboratory and the community.
- Small class sizes to facilitate learning Emphasis on collaborative studies and research beginning from the first year of study.
- Emphasis on student-centered teaching.
- Emphasis on interdisciplinary/transdisciplinary teaching and research.
- Strong work and research ethics
- Flexible scheduling of lectures and activities
- Integration of 21st century skills into teaching and research
- Innovative disciplinary specializations.
OUR AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES
FACULTY OF ARTS
Department of English and Literary Studies
M.A, English and Literary Studies
Ph.D. English Language and Literary Studies
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Department of Educational Foundations
Postgraduate Diploma in Education
M.Ed. Curriculum Studies and Instruction
Department of Arts Education
M.Ed. English Language Education
Department of Science and Computer Education
M.Ed. Measurement and Evaluation
Ph.D. Measurement and Evaluation
M.Ed. Biology Education
M.Ed. Chemistry Education
M.Ed. Physics Education
M.Ed. Computer Education
M.Ed. Mathematics Education
Ph.D. Mathematics Education
FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES AND ENVIRONMENT STUDIES
Department of Biological Sciences
M.Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology
M.Sc. Industrial Biotechnology
M.Sc. Medical Biotechnology
M.Sc. Environmental Biotechnology
M.Sc. Entrepreneurship Biotechnology
M.Sc. Forensic Biotechnology and DNA Fingerprinting
M.Sc. Microbiology (Medical)
M.Sc. Microbiology (Environmental)
M.Sc. Microbiology (Industrial)
Department of Computer Science and Mathematics
M.Sc. Computer Science
Department of Physical and Geosciences
M.Sc. Space and Ionospheric Propagation Physics
M.Sc. Solid State Physics
M.Sc. Radiation, Nuclear and Health Physics
M.Sc. Theoretical Physics
M.Sc. Solar Energy Physics
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Department of Accounting and Finance
PGD Banking and Finance
M.Sc. Banking and Finance
Department of Business Management
M.Sc. Operations Management
PGD Public Administration
M.Sc. Public Administration
Department of Economics
Department of Political Science and International Relations
PGD Political Science
M.Sc. Political Science
Ph.D. Political Science
PGD International Relations
M.Sc. International Relations
Department of Mass Communication
PGD Mass Communication
M.Sc. Mass Communication
Department of Sociology and Psychology
Postgraduate Certificate in Psychology
M.Sc. Applied Social Psychology
M.Sc. Clinical Psychology (Community or Medical Track)
M.Sc. Economics Psychology
M.Sc. Engineering Psychology
M.Sc. Forensic Psychology
M.Sc. Media Psychology
M.Sc. Psychology of Religion (Pastoral or Religion Track)
Godfrey Okoye University admission decisions are based on academic merit. Admissions are open to all irrespective of nationality, ethnicity, sex or physical challenges. The general admission requirements for postgraduate programmes, subject to fulfilling other specified departmental requirements, are as follows:
- Candidates must have the basic ordinary level university entry requirement of at least 5 credit passes in WASC, SSCE/GCE, NECO or their equivalent, which must include a credit pass in English and Mathematics.
- Candidates for a Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) programme must possess a minimum of a first degree or HND (merit pass)
- Candidates for a Master’s degree programme must possess a minimum of a second class (lower division) degree from recognized universities with at least a CGPA of 2.50 on a 5-point scale.
- Candidates for a Ph.D degree programme must possess a minimum of a master’s degree with a 4.00CGPA or average score of 60% or grade “B”. A candidate whose CGPA in Master’s degree is less than 4.0 may be admitted for M.A/Ph.D, M.Ed/Ph.D, M.Sc./Ph.D
- Requisite academic transcripts must accompany applications for postgraduate programmes, which shall be forwarded directly by the issuing university to the Postgraduate School.
- Successful completion of the postgraduate entry examination (PES).
- Admissions are ongoing already into these programmes.
OTHER ROUTES OF ACADEMIC ADMISSION APPLICANT CATEGORY REQUIREMENTS
Transfer Students CGPA of 2.5 on a 4-point Scale or 4.0 on a 5 point Scale at a reputable university or equivalent institution of higher education. Visiting/Exchange Students in this category are not formally Students admitted to GO University. To apply as a visiting postgraduate student, the student submits an oversea study application, an official transcript and a letter from the student’s home institution confirming that the student is in good standing.
We partner with the following Universities
- Pontifical Lateran University, Rome, Italy
- University of Innsbruck, Austria
- Kepler University Linz, Austria
- Medical University of Innsbruck, Austria
- University College of Education, Linz, Austria
- Cologne University of Applied Sciences, Cologne, Germany
- Münster University, Germany Birmingham City University, UK
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, USA
- Bowie State University, Bowie, MD, USA
For more information about the school of Postgraduate Studies, Please call +234706371940, +2348063311878, +2348034417455 or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION FEES, TUITION AND OTHER FEES FOR ONE ACADEMIC SESSION
Tuition and fees are due on or before the first day of each academic session. There are two semesters in each session. Extra fees might apply for the payment per semester, quarterly or monthly.
Application fee – N12,000. Masters – N400,000 full academic session
PGD – N200,000 full academic session tuition can be paid per semester.
For enquiries, call: 09134273215 | 09121963049 | 09121767243
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) Programme.
The Programme leads to the award of JUPEB Certification which enables candidates to gain Direct Entry Admission into the University.
Eligibility: Eligible candidates must possess a minimum of 5 Credits at a maximum of two sittings in at least 5 subjects (inclusive of English Language) relevant to the candidate’s desired course of study in the University.
The Goal of Godfrey Okoye University JUPEB Program
- To facilitate Direct Entry admissions into the university;
- To help candidate without JAMP to gain admission into the university within a period of 9 – 11 months;
- To provide educational support to candidates seeking university education.
The Objectives of Godfrey Okoye University JUPEB Program
- To increase access to university education
- To source eligible students for the university degree programmes;
- To ensure adequate preparations of eligible secondary school graduates who do not possess JAMB result;
- To enhance the analytical and independent learning abilities of candidates and to promote their intellectual development, as well as their oral and written skills.
JUPEB AVAILABLE SUBJECT COMBINATIONS
FACULTY OF ARTS:
BA Disciplines and Subject Combinations
English and Literary Studies (ELS) – Literature in English, History, CRS/Government
History and International Studies – History/Government, Literature in English, CRS.
Music – Music, CRS, Government/ Literature in English
Philosophy – History/Government, CRS, Literature in English
FACULTY OF LAW:
BL and Subject Combination
Government, Literature in English, CRS or Economics, Government, Literature in English
FACULTY OF EDUCATION:
B.Ed Disciplines and Subject Combinations
Biology Education – Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics/Physics
Business Education (BED) – Mathematics, Economics, Government/Business Studies
Chemistry Education – Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Mathematics
Computer Science Education – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry/Geography
Economics Education – Economics, Mathematics, Physics/Geography/Government
English and Literary Studies Education – Literature in English, History, CRS/Government
History Education – History, Economics, Literature in English
Mathematics Education – Mathematics, Physic, Chemistry
Physics Education – Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry
Political Science Education – Government, Literature in English, CRS/Economics
Social Studies Education – CRS, Economics, Government
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
B.Sc Disciplines and Subject Combinations
Accounting – Mathematics, Economics, Business Studies/Government
Banking and Finance – Mathematics, Economics, Business Studies/Government
Economics – Economics, Government, Mathematics or Economics, Business Studies,
International Relations – Economics, Literature in English, Government
Management – Mathematics, Economics, Business Studies/Government
Marketing – Mathematics, Economics, Business Studies/Government
Mass Communication – Government, Literature in English, CRS/Economics
Political Science – Government, Literature in English, CRS/Economics
Public Administration – Economics, Literature in English, Government
Psychology – Economics, Government, Biology
Sociology – Government, Literature in English, CRS/Economics
NATURAL SCIENCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
B.Sc Disciplines and Subject Combinations
Architecture – Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry.
Biotechnology – Biology, Chemistry, Physics/Mathematics
Microbiology – Biology, Chemistry, Physics/Mathematics
Biochemistry – Biology, Chemistry, Physics/Mathematics
Industrial Chemistry – Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Mathematics
Industrial Physics, Physics with Electronics, Renewable Energy, Geophysics – Physics,
Computer Science – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
Mathematics – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Pay the application fee of N10, 000 to the following Banks:
- ACCOUNT NAME: JUPEB GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY
BANK: ZENITH BANK PLC
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 1013282878
- ACCOUNT NAME: JUPEB GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY
BANK: UMUCHINEMERE PRO-CREDIT
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 1010202451
- Collect and fill the JUPEB FORM at the Admission’s Office, Go University, Enugu.
- Submit the completed form with your credentials to the Admission’s Office, Go University, Enugu.
- Attach a passport photograph with white background, not older than 3 months.
Abuja Liaison Office:
Chiadikaobi E. Mba
22 Ike Nwachukwu Street
Trade Moore Estate, Lugbe
Tel: 08109668845, 08139662986
Tel: 09134273215, 07035809884
Dr. Nnamdi S. Ene
FOR ENQUIRES CALL:
08034278100, 08166835511, 08034540976, 08069111019
Email: email@example.comRequest for Application form
Sandwich Programme of Godfrey Okoye University
Godfrey Okoye University is one of the Private Universities in Nigeria that the National Universities Commission approved to run Sandwich / Part-time Programme. The need for this programme cannot be overemphasised in the Nigerian society today especially in Enugu State. This is because, a lot of individuals who have no opportunity for regular academic programmes but are willing to obtain an academic degree need to be considered in the Education sector. This is the rationale for this programme. It is worthy to note that an educated nation is always a healthy and wealthy nation. Therefore, everybody needs to be given the opportunity to study and obtain academic degrees for the formation of the heart and the transformation of the society.
National Universities Commission Approved Programmes
The National Universities Commission (NUC) approved the following programmes for Godfrey Okoye University:
- B.Sc. Ed. Biology Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Chemistry Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Computer Science Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Mathematics Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Physics Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Economics Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Political Science Education
- B.A. Ed. Social Studies Education
- B.A. Ed. English & Literary Studies Education
- B.Ed. Business Education
Programme Schedule and Duration
This is a Ten-Meeting programme. The Meetings are in April, August, and October of every year. Therefore, admissions are at any of these Meeting months. Two Meetings make up one academic year. However, the entry qualification of a candidate determines the Meeting that he or she needs to start from. Candidates who are O’Level holders start at Meeting One. Those who have OND, or Adv. NABTEB start at Meeting Three. Then, NCE holders start at Meeting Five. Finally, HND or B.Sc. holders who have not acquired diploma in Education, start at Meeting Seven. Meeting Nine is Teaching Practice, while Meeting Ten is Project Defence, then graduation.
The fees for this sandwich/part-time programme are very much affordable. Each of the programmes have the same fee structure. The only difference is the entry point. Therefore, the total fees for the candidates that entered at Meeting One is Two hundred and eighty-seven thousand, seven hundred and fifty Naira (N287,750). The candidates that entered at Meeting Three shall pay Two hundred and forty-one thousand, seven hundred and fifty Naira (N241,750). Those that joined at Meeting Five shall pay the total fees of One hundred and ninety-five thousand, seven hundred and fifty Naira (N195,750). Finally, the candidates that joined at Meeting Seven shall pay One hundred and forty-nine thousand, seven hundred and fifty Naira (N149,750). There may also be relevant fees for the development of the Institution, which students may be required to pay from time to time. For example, Bazaar Levy which is paid once a year. The amount is One thousand Naira (N1,000). This levy fee needs to be paid during the October Meeting of every year.
For more enquiries, please, contact:
Rev. Br. Assoc. Prof. Osuji, Gregory Ekene, fms