Godfrey Okoye University admission decisions are based on academic merit. Admissions are open to all irrespective of nationality, ethnicity, sex, physical challenges into its postgraduate programme. The general admission requirements for postgraduate programmes, subject to fulfilling other specified departmental requirements, are as follows:
- Candidates must have the basic ordinary level University entry requirement of at least 5 credit passes in WASC, SSCE/GCE, NECO or their equivalent, which must include a credit pass in English and Mathematics.
- Candidates for a Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) programme must possess a minimum of a first degree or HND (merit pass)
iii. Candidates for a Master’s degree programme must possess a minimum of a second class (lower division) degree from recognized universities with at least a CGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale.
- Requisite academic transcripts must accompany applications for postgraduate programmes, which shall be forwarded directly by the issuing university to the Postgraduate School.
- Successful completion of the postgraduate entry examination (PES).
TUITION – Tuition and fees are due on or before the first day of each academic session. There are two semesters in each session. Extra fees might apply for the choice of payment per semester, quarterly or monthly.
Application fee – N12,000. Masters – N300,000 full academic session
PGD – N120,000 full academic session tuition can be paid per semester.
For enquiries call: 09134273215 | 09121963049 | 09121767243
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) Programme.
The Programme leads to the award of JUPEB Certification which enables candidates to gain Direct Entry Admission into the University.
Eligibility: Eligible candidates must possess a minimum of 5 Credits at a maximum of two sittings in at least 5 subjects (inclusive of English Language) relevant to the candidate’s desired course of study in the University.
The Goal of Godfrey Okoye University JUPEB Program
- To facilitate Direct Entry admissions into the university;
- To help candidate without JAMP to gain admission into the university within a period of 9 – 11 months;
- To provide educational support to candidates seeking university education.
The Objectives of Godfrey Okoye University JUPEB Program
- To increase access to university education
- To source eligible students for the university degree programmes;
- To ensure adequate preparations of eligible secondary school graduates who do not possess JAMB result;
- To enhance the analytical and independent learning abilities of candidates and to promote their intellectual development, as well as their oral and written skills.
JUPEB AVAILABLE SUBJECT COMBINATIONS
FACULTY OF ARTS:
BA Disciplines and Subject Combinations
English and Literary Studies (ELS) – Literature in English, History, CRS/Government
History and International Studies – History/Government, Literature in English, CRS.
Music – Music, CRS, Government/ Literature in English
Philosophy – History/Government, CRS, Literature in English
FACULTY OF LAW:
BL and Subject Combination
Government, Literature in English, CRS or Economics, Government, Literature in English
FACULTY OF EDUCATION:
B.Ed Disciplines and Subject Combinations
Biology Education – Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics/Physics
Business Education (BED) – Mathematics, Economics, Government/Business Studies
Chemistry Education – Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Mathematics
Computer Science Education – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry/Geography
Economics Education – Economics, Mathematics, Physics/Geography/Government
English and Literary Studies Education – Literature in English, History, CRS/Government
History Education – History, Economics, Literature in English
Mathematics Education – Mathematics, Physic, Chemistry
Physics Education – Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry
Political Science Education – Government, Literature in English, CRS/Economics
Social Studies Education – CRS, Economics, Government
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
B.Sc Disciplines and Subject Combinations
Accounting – Mathematics, Economics, Business Studies/Government
Banking and Finance – Mathematics, Economics, Business Studies/Government
Economics – Economics, Government, Mathematics or Economics, Business Studies,
International Relations – Economics, Literature in English, Government
Management – Mathematics, Economics, Business Studies/Government
Marketing – Mathematics, Economics, Business Studies/Government
Mass Communication – Government, Literature in English, CRS/Economics
Political Science – Government, Literature in English, CRS/Economics
Public Administration – Economics, Literature in English, Government
Psychology – Economics, Government, Biology
Sociology – Government, Literature in English, CRS/Economics
NATURAL SCIENCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
B.Sc Disciplines and Subject Combinations
Architecture – Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry.
Biotechnology – Biology, Chemistry, Physics/Mathematics
Microbiology – Biology, Chemistry, Physics/Mathematics
Biochemistry – Biology, Chemistry, Physics/Mathematics
Industrial Chemistry – Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Mathematics
Industrial Physics, Physics with Electronics, Renewable Energy, Geophysics – Physics,
Computer Science – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
Mathematics – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Pay the application fee of N10, 000 to the following Banks:
- ACCOUNT NAME: JUPEB GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY
BANK: ZENITH BANK PLC
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 1013282878
- ACCOUNT NAME: JUPEB GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY
BANK: UMUCHINEMERE PRO-CREDIT
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 1010202451
- Collect and fill the JUPEB FORM at the Admission’s Office, Go University, Enugu.
- Submit the completed form with your credentials to the Admission’s Office, Go University, Enugu.
- Attach a passport photograph with white background, not older than 3 months.
Abuja Liaison Office:
Chiadikaobi E. Mba
22 Ike Nwachukwu Street
Trade Moore Estate, Lugbe
Tel: 08109668845, 08139662986
Tel: 09134273215, 07035809884
Dr. Nnamdi S. Ene
FOR ENQUIRES CALL:
08034278100, 08166835511, 08034540976, 08069111019
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgRequest for Application form
Sandwich Programme of Godfrey Okoye University
Godfrey Okoye University is one of the Private Universities in Nigeria that the National Universities Commission approved to run Sandwich / Part-time Programme. The need for this programme cannot be overemphasised in the Nigerian society today especially in Enugu State. This is because, a lot of individuals who have no opportunity for regular academic programmes but are willing to obtain an academic degree need to be considered in the Education sector. This is the rationale for this programme. It is worthy to note that an educated nation is always a healthy and wealthy nation. Therefore, everybody needs to be given the opportunity to study and obtain academic degrees for the formation of the heart and the transformation of the society.
National Universities Commission Approved Programmes
The National Universities Commission (NUC) approved the following programmes for Godfrey Okoye University:
- B.Sc. Ed. Biology Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Chemistry Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Computer Science Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Mathematics Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Physics Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Economics Education
- B.Sc. Ed. Political Science Education
- B.A. Ed. Social Studies Education
- B.A. Ed. English & Literary Studies Education
- B.Ed. Business Education
Programme Schedule and Duration
This is a Ten-Meeting programme. The Meetings are in April, August, and October of every year. Therefore, admissions are at any of these Meeting months. Two Meetings make up one academic year. However, the entry qualification of a candidate determines the Meeting that he or she needs to start from. Candidates who are O’Level holders start at Meeting One. Those who have OND, or Adv. NABTEB start at Meeting Three. Then, NCE holders start at Meeting Five. Finally, HND or B.Sc. holders who have not acquired diploma in Education, start at Meeting Seven. Meeting Nine is Teaching Practice, while Meeting Ten is Project Defense, then graduation.
The fees for this sandwich/parttime programme are very much affordable. Each of the programmes have the same fee structure. The only difference is the entry point. Therefore, the total fees for the candidates that entered at Meeting One is Two hundred and eighty-seven thousand, seven hundred and fifty Naira (N287,750). The candidates that entered at Meeting Three shall pay Two hundred and forty-one thousand, seven hundred and fifty Naira (N241,750). Those that joined at Meeting Five shall pay the total fees of One hundred and ninety-five thousand, seven hundred and fifty Naira (N195,750). Finally, the candidates that joined at Meeting Seven shall pay One hundred and forty-nine thousand, seven hundred and fifty Naira (N149,750). There may also be relevant fees for the development of the Institution, which students may be required to pay from time to time. For example, Bazaar Levy which is paid once a year. The amount is One thousand Naira (N1,000). This levy fee needs to be paid during the October Meeting of every year.
For more enquiries, please, contact:
Rev. Br. Assoc. Prof. Osuji, Gregory Ekene, fms