- Promoting and supervising sanitation on campus
- Advising the management on the best and most cost-effective methods of water supply.
- Supervising boreholes and water supplies on campus
- Making recommendation to the Vice Chancellor and the management on sanitation and water supplies.
- Publishing periodic reports on sanitation and water on campus.
- Carrying out any other functions related to water supplies and sanitation on campus
Immediately after this commissioning today, we shall proceed to our Ugwuomu Campus to plant economic trees in our Orchard. All the necessary logistics have been put in place. We shall appreciate it if all the Principal Officers and Directors participate in this tree planting at Ugwuomu. Details of the modus operandi shall be communicated to you soon.
On the 31 January 2023, the members of the Directorate of Campus Sanitation and Water Supply led by Deputy Vice Chancellor, Rev. Sr. Prof. Dr. MarySylvia Nwachukwu commissioned the mini-project at Dr. Pat Asadu Road Thinkers Corner Campus
Highlights of the commissioning of 40 waste baskets for all the classrooms of our Thinkers Corner Campus and tree planting.
TREE PLANTING OF GODFREY OKOYE UNIVERSITY MANAGEMENT TEAM AT UGWUOMU CAMPUS
On Friday, 29 July 2022 the GOUNI Management embarked on tree planting under the supervision of the Directorate of Campus Sanitation and Water Supply at Ugwuomu Campus.
Our Vice Chancellor, Rev. Fr. Prof. Christian Anieke, kicked off the event by releasing the first shot by planting a masquerade tree. Thereafter, the Deputy Vice Chancellor followed the gesture, the Registrar, the Bursar, the University Librarian, among others.
The day’s event was concluded by the VC feeding the fish at the University Lake and the subsequent inspection of the University poultry.
Everyone went home with either a crate of eggs or a live chicken.
Below are photographs of the day’s activities.