Brief History of the Faculty of Law
The establishment of the GO University Faculty of Law is one of the goals of the Vice Chancellor, Professor Dr. Christian Anieke. The plan of the Vice Chancellor to establish a law faculty has enjoyed the tremendous support and encouragement of the Chairman of Council and Pro-Chancellor of the University, Professor Dr Christian Nwachukwu Okeke, who is also a renowned international lawyer and a distinguished professor of international law, as well as the support of all members of the Governing Council and the University Senate. In order to ensure that the new faculty meets the expanding demands of legal education nationally and internationally, the foundation members of the academic staff have been carefully assembled from leading scholars within and outside Nigeria. The law faculty has the approval of the Legal Council of Education.
GOUNI faculty of law distinguishes itself in the field of legal education in Nigeria in the following ways:
1. Serve as a centre of excellence in legal education based on sound moral, ethical and academic discipline
2. Serve as the flagship faculty of law in Nigeria in the teaching of telecommunications law, health law, cyber-crime law, etc.
3. Provide legal training anchored on the efficient use and application of ICT
4. Provide practical exposure to the students from the beginning of their studies to law firms, courts, prisons, legal clinics, etc.
5. Expose the students to international moot court competitions and international scholars.