International & Local
International Partner Universities and Institutions of Godfrey Okoye University
The Centre of Practical Skills (CoPS) implemented by the International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) provides vocational training for Nigerian youth in directly marketable skills through a dual education approach.
This project is in partnership with Godfrey Okoye University and European private sector partners with the support of the German Corporation for International Cooperation GmbH (GIZ) and the Austrian Development Agency (ADA).
How can you be part of this project?
CoPS is providing the opportunity to complete certification training and get the reward of practical experience by working at the European Business Park in Enugu State, Nigeria. The 8-month training certificate course, affiliated with Godfrey Okoye University will prepare outstanding technicians for jobs with European companies, operating in Nigeria.
The dual-training course is set up for mastering practical skills in plumbing, electrical installations, and bricklaying amongst others. Most of the training will be completed on the job with one of ICMPD’s partner companies, operating in the European Business Park in Enugu, Nigeria. Promising successful trainees will receive employment with partner companies upon graduation. For those looking to start their own business, support through the Start-up Centre in cooperation with a local micro-finance bank and through a start-up fund will also be an opportunity.
The trainee programme will start in October 2022.
Who we are looking for:
Applicant profile – Personal qualities:
- Young men and women aged 18 – 35 years old
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Eagerness to learn
- Strong work ethics (e.g. being on time, taking pride in your work, teamwork)
- Determined and ambitious – striving for further professional and personal development
- Positive personality with a strong interest in other cultures and working styles
- Eagerness to work for an international company, or being ready/open to start own business.
- Fluent in (verbal/written) English
- German is an advantage
- Prior working experience/training in a technical vocational training centre in a relevant field is a prerequisite
- Official (Nigerian) qualification(s) and/or certification(s) in the technical field
- Prior internships at international or Nigerian companies are an advantage
- 8 months full-time professional vocational training – most of it practical, done with a European partner at the European Business Park located at the permanent site of Godfrey Okoye University;
- Accommodation for all trainees next to the Business Park; and
- A stipend covering the training.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and letter of motivation by July 30th, 2022 to Maxwell.Odimkpa@icmpd.org OR submit your applications to ICMPD Office in Enugu, at Mount Street, (beside Silicon Valley Resort) Golf Estate, GRA, Enugu. Call: +234 703 292 6468.
Early application is advised as shortlisting commences as soon as applications are received
NOTE: Women are strongly encouraged to apply.