The Directorate of Physical Planning is one of the directorates in our university whose duty is principally to advise management on physical development and other duties that may be assigned to it for the advancement of the unity of knowledge through
- Religious and
- Cultural dialogues for which our university has excelled with evidence.
To build world class structures conducive for learning, relaxation and excellence in service to humanity.
To achieve the above vision, we hope to leverage on the goodwill of the town and gown available,
- Cost-effective building solutions
- Recruitment of tested and proven man and material resources
- Leveraging on the corporate contacts available to the university
- By constant dialogue ensuring that best results are achieved with minimum costs
- Zero tolerance for corruption and waste
- Management of physical structures in the university.
- Conception: We offer professional advice to management to enable it formulate and conceive projects that will meet the academic recreational and religious needs of the university community in line with the policy of government at all levels.
- Designing/supervision: The physical planning directorate helps in the design (in house or outsourced) of the physical spaces and building in the university.
- Development: Since the inception of our university, this directorate has been involved either as in house consultant or and guides to turn key contractors in the building of most physical structures. As in-house consultant and with direct labour, we have designed, supervised and built many physical structures of the university, some of which are:
- Goodluck Jonathan Convocation Arena
- Faculty of Law Buildings
- School of Postgraduate Studies
This directorate is also involved in the successful structural repairs of the Computer Building of the university, which many engineers, local and international, had written off. We are happy to report that this building and others that we have painstakingly researched out solutions for has saved our university tens, if not hundreds, of millions of naira.
Our involvement in the physical development of the university is not limited to buildings. We are also involved in the conception negotiation of the collaborative efforts between the Enugu State Government and our university in the design and construction of the 11 kilometre Emene-Ugwuomu-Godfrey Okoye University road.
As the custodian of the master plan, we help in the coordination of building activities, both in house, outsourced and even BOT model development to ensure that the approved master plan of the university is not compromised.
Currently this directorate has assembled a team of professionals, within and outside the University that will review the master plan of the university