Dr. Christie Oby Onyia (Assoc. Professor)
Director, Directorate of Inter-Disciplinary Research
- VISSION: To inspire students and colleagues for engagement in innovative and inter-disciplinary research aimed at solving local and global problems
- MISSION: To develop human resources capacity and infrastructural facilities for the realization of innovative and impactful research results within five (5) years
- VALUES: Inspiration, Hard-work, Motivation, Innovation, Accountability, Trust and Reward
- Mentoring young students/colleagues to develop interest in finding solutions to emerging problems around them
- Attending and organizing virtual and physical conferences & workshops – locally and internationally
- Maintaining good inter-personal relationships with researchers in our fields of interest
- Dynamic and innovative research
- Skills acquisition in writing award-winning- grants proposals
- Investing time and funds to achieve research objectives and goals
- Publications – from on-set: carry out publishable research that can be accepted for publication in high-impact-factor journal
- Carry out develop and patentable products through research
Highlights of the inauguration of the Technical Advisory Board of the Inter-disciplinary Research (IDR) held at the Council Chamber on Thursday, June 9th, 2022.
Click below to download the Brief remarks made by Professor Dr. Christian Nwachukwu Okeke, Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of the Governing Council, Godfrey Okoye University Ugwuomu, Nike, on the occasion of the Inauguration of the Technical Advisory Board of the Inter Disciplinary Research (IDR) held at the Council Chamber on Thursday, June 9th, 2022.
Highlights of the meeting with the Natural Sciences Sector of UNESCO regional office, Abuja, Nigeria, on the 8th July, 2022.
The team of Interdisciplinary Research (IDR) Directorate, Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu, Nigeria had a meeting with the Natural Sciences Sector of UNESCO regional office, Abuja, Nigeria, on the 8th July, 2022. The objective of the meeting was to explore possible areas of joint work and/or collaboration between the two parties.
There was a brief welcome and introduction of both teams
Presentations were made by both teams on their various work thematic areas. Both team deliberated on the presentations. The IDR Director, Dr. Christie Onyia, recounted past work experience (focused on local and Indigenous knowledge Systems –LINKS)) with UNESCO; at the Sukur Cultural Landscape – a UNESCO World Heritage.
The University team expressed interest in having a UNESCO chair on an identified research area; (drawing inspirations from a UNESCO chair on Ethics in the same university)
Four action points were agreed upon;
- UNESCO Science team to share the step by step procedure for applying for a UNESCO Chair and the presentation slides
- 2 to 3 project ideas should be developed based on the work thematic area of both teams (GOUNI and UNESCO);
- GOU could be considered to participate in the upcoming UNESCO LINKS activity at Oban Biosphere Reserve
Members of the IDR team
The presentation made by the head of UNESCO’s team (Dr. Moma, Enang Efiom) during the meeting shared below. .