The Department of History, International Studies and Diplomacy belongs to the Faculty of arts at Godfrey Okoye University Enugu. Trainee historians can grow through coursework, library research, guided tours of heritage sites, original research into approved themes, free university lectures and word-listing as the technology for competence.
History as the mother of and background to all subjects is the eternal house of wisdom. As such, history provides the building blocks to nations. “Historified” citizens cultivate and defend equality, rule of law and social justice.
Teamed with International Studies and Diplomacy, this effort will provide:
- The heritage of many pasts within the past
- Experience to guide leaders
- Tolerance to promote national or international cooperation
- Social intelligence to diplomatic practice
- A peace-centered culture to yield civilization
- Survivalist outlook to use the past for inspiration and continuity
- Key vocabulary as backbone for competence in the subject-matter
- Citizens who are prepared for civic duties
- A workforce relevant to Nigeria as professionals, politicians or diplomats
- A de-genderized society where history or herstory combine the achievements of men and women.
This programme can provide rounded citizens that accept advanced democratic culture. After training, historians will be at home in the world of work where variety, creativity, competence, and education move nations on and up.
Candidates must have credit level pass in five subjects, including history/ government, English language, mathematics and any other two arts and social science subjects. In addition to this, an acceptable score at the Joint Matriculation Examination (JME) is required.
|Deg1||HID 101||History of Nigeria 1500 – 1800|
|Deg 1||HID 103||History of Inter. Studies and Diplomacy|
|Deg 1||HID 105||History of Africa 1000 – 1800 AD|
|Deg 2||HID 201||History of Nigeria 1960 to Present|
|Deg 2||HID 203||History of Southern Africa|
|Deg 2||HID 205||History of Europe 1300-1648|
|Deg 2||HID 211||International Political Systems|
|Deg 3||HID 305||History of West Africa 1960 to Present|
|Deg 3||HID 307||Problems & Issues in African Historiography|
|Deg 3||HID 311||History of Europe 1918 to Present|
|Deg 3||HID 315||Third World International Studies|
|Deg 3||HID 333||Theory and Practical of Diplomacy|
Graduates from the Department of History, International Studies And Diplomacy can be employed as lecturers, political consultants. They can also gain employment at embassies and consular offices.